During this high-level trade mission to Kathmandu delegates will meet with principals from the Government of Nepal, supporting agencies, IFIs, the British Mission as well as heads of local and international businesses.
While focussing on the green and renewable agenda, it will also focus on the key economic sectors of growth for Nepal: infrastructure, logistics, tourism, and agriculture, and is timed to coincide with the Nepal Green Investment Summit.
Mission delegates are invited as guests of the British Embassy and the Investment Board of Nepal (IBN) to attend the inaugral Green Investment Summit in Kathmandu. One-to-One meetings will be arranged during the course of the day for the Mission.
Delegates are invited to a gala reception with Government of Nepal.
Senior Government briefing meeting at the start of the day will be followed by site visits to infrastructure projects around Kathmandu.
The British Embassy in Kathmandu invite Mission attendees to an evening of music and culture.
10.00-10.30: Opening Remarks
- The Lord Sheikh
- Lord Ahmad, Minister of State, FCDO
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
10.30-12:00: High-Level Panel on the Nepalese Offer
- Ministry of Finance and Planning
- Investment Board of Nepal (IBN)
- Ministry of Physical Infrastructure and Transport
- Ministry Energy, Water Resources and Irrigation
- Nepal Electricity Authority
12:00-13:00: Networking Lunch
13:00-15:30: One-on-one Meetings with Nepalese businesses
- Federation of Nepali Chambers of Commerce (FNCCI)
- Confederation of Nepali Industries (CNI)
15:30- 17:00: Access to Capital and Services
Chair: The British Embassy
- The World Bank
- Private Sector Speaker
- Local Bank
- Department for International Trade (DIT)
19:00-21:00: VIP Reception with Guest of Honour at the British Embassy