DMA, in partnership with the Algerian British Business Council (ABBC) is delighted to invite you to the latest of a series of trade and investment engagements between the UK and Algeria within a digital setting.
Opened by members of both the UK and Algerian governments, this high-level digitised event provides first insight into Algeria’s current and post-COVID-19 roadmap. Aimed at strengthening engagements with the UK, it will explore foreign direct investment opportunities within ICT, healthcare, renewable energy, education and agriculture.
To register for this event, please follow this link, and sumbit any questions to our speakers.
11:00-11:05: Opening Remarks:
- Lord Risby, British Prime Minister’s Trade Envoy to Algeria
- Lady Olga Maitland, Chairman, ABBC
11:05-11:20: Keynote Address
- Ferhat Ait Ali Braham, Minister of Trade and Industry, Government of Algeria
- Lord Grimstone of Boscobel Kt, Minister of State for Investment, Department for International Trade
11:20-12:05: Algeria-UK: Current and Post-COVID Opportunities
Chair: Lady Olga Maitland, Chairman, ABBC
- Safia Kouiret, Director, National Agency of Investment Development (ANDI)
- Mira Toumai Chahira, Director, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
- Halliche Djamila, Director of Studies, Ministry of the Knowledge Economy and Start-Ups
- Abderrahmane Hadef, Director, Ministry of Micro Enterprise
- Dr Meriem Hedibel, Advisor, Minister of Pharmaceutical Industry
- Chouireb Lakhdar, Director of External Relations, Sonalgaz
- Mohamed Sami, Confédération Algérienne du Patronat Citoyen (CAPC)
- Yassine Bouhara, Chairman, Tell Group
12:05-12:25 Q&A Session
12:25-12:30: Closing Remarks:
- HE Abderrahmane Benguerrah, Algerian Ambassador to the United Kingdom
- HMA Barry Lowen, British Ambassador to Algeria