On Friday 22nd October 2010, some 200 delegates attended the hugely successful Second UK-Albania Investment Forum at Drapers’ Hall in the City of London. The Forum was staged by the Government of Albania and Developing Markets Associates (DMA).
The Forum was addressed by the Albania’s Deputy Prime Minister, Hon Ilir Meta, as well as ministers of government, including Hon Ferdinand Xhaferaj, Minister of Culture and Tourism, Hon Nezir Haldeda, Deputy Minister of Finance and Hon Ernest Noka, Deputy Minister of Public Works,Transport and Communications.
Key note adresses were also given by HE Zef Mazi,Albanian Ambassador to the UK, HE Fiona Mcllwhan, British Ambassador to Albania, Jan Fischer, Vice President, EBRD and Christian Canacaris, Chief Executive Officer, Raiffeisen Bank, amongst others.The Forum was supported by its Principal Sponsor, Raifeissen Bank, as well as the Albanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Bankers Petroleum Ltd, Bechtel, the Ministry of Economy and Energy, Kalo & Associates and Strabag.
The Forum was followed by a gala reception at Drapers’ Hall.
The Second Albanian Investment Forum
Investing In Key Business Sectors London 22nd October 2010
Registration and refreshments
Official Opening of Forum
Chair, Atam Sandhu, Chief Executive, DMA HE Zef Mazi, Albanian Ambassador to the UK and HE Fiona Mcllwhan, British Ambassador to Albania invite:
• Deputy Prime Minister, Hon Ilir Meta, Government of Albania
• Jan Fischer, Vice President, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
DVD – Investing in Albania – Joint Introduction by Ilir Barjaba, Executive Director, Albinvest and Nikolin Jaka, President, Chamber of Commerce, Tirana
New Opportunities in Infrastructure Development and Energy
Chair – Peter Reiniger, Managing Director, Central & S.E Europe, EBRD
• Hon. Ernest Noka, Deputy Minister of Public Works, Transport and Communication, Government of Albania
• Hon. Nezir Haldeda, Deputy Minister of Finance, Government of Albania
• Christian Canacaris, Chief Executive Officer, Raiffeisen Bank
• Mike Swinford, Bechtel 20 minute Q&A
Investing in Tourism & Trade
Chair – John Grogan, Former MP and Chair of APPG
• Hon. Ilir Meta, Minister of Economy, Trade and Energy, Government of Albania
• Hon. Ferdinand Xhaferaj, Minister of Culture and Tourism, Government of Albania
• Herbert Krutina, Division Manager, Building, Construction and Civil Engineering, Strabag
• Perparim Kalo, Managing Partner, Kalo and Associates
• Leonidha Cobo, VP, Deputy Director General, Bankers Petroleum
20 minute Q&A
Closing remarks: Atam Sandhu, Chief Executive, DMA Vote of thanks: HE Zef Mazi, Albanian Ambassador to the UK
For event pictures, view the gallery here